It is well known that medical expenses are deductible. But what does that include? Read below for often missed additions to your medical costs.
1. Dental Costs - Be sure to include costs paid to dentists including dental surgery and cleanings.
2. Vision - Do you have glasses or contacts? Deduct it!
3. Health Insurance Premiums - You likely pay a health insurance company every month. It may be deducted out of our paycheck automatically. These payments should be included in your total.
4. Medical Equipment - Add the costs of items such as wheelchairs, crutches, hearing aids, and diabetic supplies.
5. Transportation/Mileage - Did you drive or pay for transportation to a medical facility? Deduct the costs or apply the medical mileage rate!
6. Prescriptions - If a doctor prescribes you medicine, it is a medical expense.
Have a question about medical deductions?
Ask us through our website or give us a call at (216) 661-4459